I will happily give out free advice and help if you need it! I love talking to founders and executives and helping them think through the toughest problems they have. The consulting part only really comes into play when the work is ongoing and requires me to not do something else. Most of the time, though, a quick call might be just enough to get some perspective.
My experience can succinctly be described as B2B SaaS through founding and running Parse.ly. However, the breadth of what that covers is vast. Here are a few areas I have deep knowledge and experience in:
- Building. Founded a company from the start, through product/market fit, to scale and through to acquisition. Each phase is essentially an entirely different company, but demands that you to carry through a coherent vision across all.
- Fundraising. Raised tens of millions of dollars in capital and debt. If you’re a first time founder it’s really easy to get enamored with the dollars, but knowing the impact of any raise is way more important. I can help with that viewpoint.
- Sustainable growth. Led a company past $10M ARR to profitability and then to 40% YoY growth. Doing it is very hard, but it’s not only possible, but incredible! If sustainable growth is something you’re looking for, I can share my perspective on how to help you get there.
- Go-to-market. I sort of hate the phrase, to be honest, but the way you acquire prospects, turn them into customers and make them grow IS the engine you’re building. This is incredible important to get right.
- Recruiting. Hired C-levels, VPs, marketers, sales people, CS, engineers, back-office… you name it. Recruiting can be hard, but it doesn’t have to be.
- Layoffs. Had to downsize significantly when we churned large customers at the same time. There is a right way to do this. Even though we went through this we kept a 5.0 Glassdoor rating all the way through to acquisition.
- Sales. Specialized in mid-market —> enterprise sales with many of the f500 companies successfully sold to.
- Marketing. Learned a TON about what makes this work well in the B2B space. Only really got good understanding what was needed in the last couple of years, but that knowledge made a world of difference.
- Investor Relations. I’ve run some terrible board meetings, but with practice came knowledge and with knowledge came effectiveness. There’s a formula in how you can get your board working with you in unison towards your goals.
Need help or want to chat? Email me at email@example.com.